Monday, August 19, 2013

The Maze

Happy and sad, push and pull, here today and there tomorrow; still don’t know why I let it play out so often.
One day acting like best of friends, next day waiting on whom would bring the conversation to an end; still don’t know why I bother trying.

Brought the food, it tasted really good. Took a sip of wine, it brought back plum memories; still can’t understand why you hardly join in.
Sitting across the table, hands resting on jaw with eyes piercing through; don’t know why I bother coming to dinner.

Laundry left disorderly at dawn comes tidy at dusk, I know they don’t do themselves; still you won’t scold.
Last night screaming you love me, tonight getting under the covers only to face away; still don’t know why we stay on the same bed.

Caught up in going back and forth, with no idea what next to expect.
Can’t believe I’m in this place with you, feeling stupid and contagious, happy and hopeful, guilty and insane; still not sure it’s entirely my fault.

Body aches and eyes hurt, night pillow fights and breakfast together; I must admit I still like it, you stay enticing.
Keeping up smiles, clearly it’s not all gone with the wind; Keeping it real and taking it slow to make it right, now I know why you do it.

I know the plan to push me as far off as possible, careful never to let go.
The point has been made, the only way out of this is both of us hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment